A Board of Trustees Search Committee conducted the presidential search and made a recommendation to the full Board, which appointed Elon’s ninth president. The 16-member Search Committee was made up of trustees, alumni, students, parents, faculty and staff. The members included six Elon alumni and six parents.
Search Committee members:
- Wesley Elingburg P’11 (chair) – Trustee
- Noel Allen ’69 P’07 (co-vice-chair) – Trustee
- Kebbler McGhee Williams ’98 (co-vice-chair) – Trustee
- Kerrii Anderson ’79 – Chair, Board of Trustees
- Edward Doherty P’07 – Trustee
- Chris Martin ’78 P’13 – Trustee
- Edmond Moriarty P’15 P’18 – Trustee
- Douglas Spencer ’16 – Youth Trustee
- David Copeland – A. J. Fletcher Professor and Professor of Communications
- Casey DiRienzo – Professor of Economics
- Joel Karty – Chair of Academic Council, Professor of Chemistry
- Maureen Vandermaas-Peeler P’16, P’17 – Professor of Psychology
- Lisa Keegan ’03 – Assistant Vice President and Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
- Morgan Bodenarain – Class of 2018, Executive President-Elect of the Student Government Association
- Caroline Dean – Class of 2018
- Steven House – Provost and Executive Vice President
Search Committee staff support was provided by Jeff Stein, associate vice president, chief of staff and secretary to the Board of Trustees.
Nominate a candidate for Elon’s presidency
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates is assisting with Elon’s search.
Shelly Weiss Storbeck, managing partner
Julie E. Tea, partner
Anne E. Koellhoffer, associate