Steps to apply
- Create an account on Elon’s application portal. This is where you will complete and submit your application (Note: we are not on the Common Application).
- Submit one essay (submitted with the application). We will give you three essay topics, please choose one of them.
- Academic Records. Your high school college counselor, or an administrator from your high school, must submit your academic records (in English). These are the grades you’ve received from 9 – 11 grade, (or equivalent). Once you start your application, you will see instructions on how to submit your academic records.
- Secondary School Report. Similar to your academic records, your high school college counselor or an administrator from your high school must fill out the Secondary School Report form (in English). Instructions on how to submit the Secondary School Report can be found once you start your application. We will also accept a letter of recommendation from your school.
International students may apply for admission to Elon without submitting SAT or ACT scores, as long as they have spent at least three years of high school outside of the United States. However, in order to be considered for our merit-based scholarships, you must submit test scores.
If you are interested in participating in a Division I athletic program at Elon, you are required to submit SAT or ACT scores.
If your native language is not English or you are attending a school where English is not the primary language of instruction you must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting the TOEFL or IELTS exam score.
- Minimum TOEFL score requirement: 80 (internet-based test)
- Minimum IELTS score requirement: 6.5