How to Apply for a Graduate Plus Loan
- This is a loan made to graduate and professional students based on credit worthiness. Borrowers may borrow up to the cost of attendance less any other financial aid awarded. The loan amount cannot exceed the cost of attendance. Federal regulations require the loan proceeds be disbursed in two equal amounts. These amounts will be disbursed no more than 10 days before the beginning of the enrollment period for the student. The Department of Education will withhold up to 4.292 percent in fees from your requested loan amount.
- Elon participates in the Direct Loan program administered by the Department of Education. First-time Graduate PLUS borrowers are required to complete a new Master Promissory Note with the Department of Education at www.studentloans.gov.
- Learn more about Elon's Code of Conduct.
If you wish to borrow a Graduate PLUS loan please follow the steps listed below:
- Complete a Graduate PLUS Loan application at www.studentloans.gov.
- When you complete the Graduate Plus Loan Application with the Department of Education please indicate the amount that you wish to borrow. The financial aid office will not be able to process Graduate Plus Loan requests for MAX or UNKNOWN amounts. Request without the amount indicated will require follow-up from the borrower.
- First-time borrowers, complete a Master Promissory Note for your loan at www.studentloans.gov.
- If you are a first time Graduate PLUS loan borrower complete entrance loan counseling at www.studentloans.gov.