How to Apply for a Private Alternative Loan
- These are long term loans not based on need. Eligibility is determined based on credit worthiness and ability to pay. These loans are available to student borrowers to help bridge the gap between financial aid and the cost of attendance.
- They must be initiated with the lender of your choice and then the school will be notified for certification. Like the PLUS Loan, you or your parents may borrow up to the cost of education less any other financial aid awarded.
- Some of the more commonly used loan programs are listed in the table below. You may obtain applications and get more specific information about these programs by clicking on the links below. Lenders are reviewed each year on the basis of customer service and borrower benefits as well as their ability to meet the overall needs of students.You are not required to borrow from one of the lenders listed below.
- Learn more about Elon's Code of Conduct.
- How to apply for a private alternative loan.