“Luke Bierman’s record of innovation in legal education, his depth of executive experience in the practice of law and his accomplishments in forming and managing strategic partnerships that link higher education with the public, private and nonprofit sectors make him the ideal person to lead Elon Law.”
– Leo M. Lambert, President, Elon University
“Luke Bierman has long been an innovative leader and a pioneer in confronting the challenges that face the future of legal education in America. His scholarship and visionary leadership ensure that Elon University School of Law will continue to provide the highest quality of legal education that is needed to develop top-notch lawyers for our society.”
– Judge James A. Wynn, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
“I had the pleasure of working in various capacities with Luke Bierman during his tenure with the American Bar Association and the Institute for Emerging Issues at NC State University. Luke is innovative, creative, and has a clear understanding of where legal education is headed. He will be a great leader and truly exceptional dean for the Elon School of Law.”
– Thomas W. Ross, President, University of North Carolina
"Elon University has made a significant leap forward by appointing Luke Bierman as its next Dean. In addition to being a highly accomplished lawyer, researcher, and administrator, Luke has the skills needed to lead a progressive law school committed to developing the full range of lawyer competencies. This appointment is great news for both Elon and legal education."
– William D. Henderson, Professor and Director of the Center on the Global Legal Profession, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
"Luke Bierman is uniquely qualified to be the next dean and to continue the mission of Elon Law. His skills and perspective ideally suit him to envision and implement new strategic ventures and high-value learning programs at Elon University School of Law."
– Ellen Gregg, Member, Elon University Law School Advisory Board; Partner, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP
“We are excited about Professor Bierman’s return to North Carolina. I believe his broad and in-depth academic and public service experience, including as General Counsel to the New York State Comptroller’s Office, will greatly benefit the Elon School of Law and the citizens of the State. I look forward to his leadership at the Elon School of Law.”
– Janet Cowell, State Treasurer of North Carolina
“Luke Bierman is one of the most extraordinarily capable people I know. He has an uncanny ability to create multi-disciplinary approaches in solving complex problems of law and policy. It was my great pleasure to work with him for ten years in various executive capacities at the American Bar Association. He has the vision, the will and the capacity to develop a bold plan for the future of Elon Law at this important time in the history of American legal education and law practice.”
– Alfred “A.P.” Carlton, Jr., Member, Elon University School Law School Advisory Board; Managing Member, Carlton Law PLLC; President, American Bar Association (2002-2003)
"As Director of NC State's Institute for Emerging Issues in 2005-2007, Luke lead transformative programs on Healthcare and Tax Modernization. He left his fingerprint firmly indented in North Carolina Public Policy."
– Anita R. Brown-Graham, Director, Institute for Emerging Issues, NC State University