One of Elon Law's distinctions is the Preceptor Program, through which more than 50 experienced lawyers from a broad range of practice settings mentor law students.
Preceptors observe first-year students in law classes and provide feedback, facilitating a reflection process that helps students continuously improve in their preparation and development as lawyers.
Preceptors also invite students to accompany them to observe trials, client interviews, depositions, and mediations. While primarily involved with first-year law students, preceptors regularly interact with second- and third-year law students, as well as with alumni of the law school.
Preceptors at Elon Law represent a broad cross-section of the legal profession, including representatives from the following firms and institutions:
- Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard, LLP
- Carruthers & Roth, P.A.
- Duncan Law, LLP
- Federal Public Defender, Middle District of N.C.
- Gabriel, Berry & Weston, LLP
- Guilford County Public Defender
- Higgins Benjamin, PLLC
- Johnson Peddrick & McDonald PLLC
- Legal Aid of North Carolina Greensboro
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Rossabi Black Slaughter
- Schell Bray, PLLC
- Teague, Rotenstreich, Stanaland, Fox & Holt, PLLC
- Reynolds American Inc.
- Smith Moore Leatherwood
- Tuggle Duggins Attorneys at Law
- Volvo, Inc.
- Ward Black Law
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP