The purpose of the Law School Republicans is to:
- Support the principles, objectives, and platform of the Republican Party;
- Promote the principles, objectives, and platform of the Republican Party among members of the Elon Law campus and the greater community;
- Develop political skills and leadership abilities among Republican students as preparation for service by them to the Republican Party and the greater community;
- Encourage and assist in the organization and active functioning of the Republican party at local, state, and national levels of government;
- Aid in the election of Republican candidates at all levels of government; and
- Direct, manage, supervise, and control its business, property, and funds and to do all other things necessary to carry out its objectives.
The Law School Republicans bring guest speakers to Elon throughout the school year to discuss various legal and political issues from a conservative viewpoint. The Law School Republicans also host Pork and Politics, an annual event occurring during election season which brings local politicians to Elon Law to discuss their campaigns and the issues which are important to them.
Pictured at right, U.S. Member of Congress Howard Coble with Elon Law students at an Elon Law Republicans forum held April 7, 2010.
For more information, please contact Matt Andrews, 2013-2014 President of the Law School Republicans.