Buses & Shuttles
The Elon University BioBus provides free transportation to all Elon students, faculty, staff and community members.
Shuttle service is provided to Greensboro's Piedmont Triad International Airport and the Raleigh/Durham International Airport at designated break times throughout the year. Please schedule your shuttle trip departure at least two and a half hours prior to your flight departure.
Students who have an appointment at Health Services or Counseling Services can arrange for shuttle transportation from anywhere on campus owned or operated property to the Ellington Center by calling The Office of The Dean of Students at (336) 278-7200, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am until 3:00 pm on Friday. Faculty and staff may also utilize the service for appointments at Faculty/Staff Wellness in the Ellington Center.
- Students, faculty and staff should call at least one hour prior to their scheduled appointment time to make arrangements for transport. Return shuttles will be provided as available. There may be a wait time for pick-ups and returns depending on demand.
- Students must schedule their appointment with Health Services or Counseling Services before calling for transportation.
- Students/faculty/staff who are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency or who cannot walk without assistance should call 9-1-1. The Ellington Center Shuttle cannot transport riders who are experiencing a medical or psychological emergency or who are unable to walk without assistance.
- To better prevent the spread of illness, riders who exhibit signs of illness may be asked to use preventive measures before boarding the shuttle (hand sanitizer, mask, etc.)
- Every effort is made to run the shuttle on schedule. The Ellington Center Shuttle may not be available at all times including sever weather, university breaks, or when drivers are not available.
Link Transit is a bus system that services Burlington, Gibsonville and Alamance Community College.
The Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation offers a bus system that services Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Chapel Hill, Durham and a number of other towns in the Piedmont Triad region.