The M.S. in Management program enrolls in September. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis throughout the year. We receive the majority of applications February through April. Please submit all required application materials as early as possible prior to enrollment, but no later than June 1. After June 1, applications are received until all spots are filled.
The M.S. in Management admissions policy is designed to select outstanding students who have demonstrated academic ability, leadership and managerial promise. Each applicant is considered holistically on completed academic work, test scores, evidence of leadership and motivation, credentials, and letters of recommendation.
M.S. in Management Admission Requirements and Procedures
Completed applications should be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions and must include:
- Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate studies completed or taken.
- Transcripts can be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
2750 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
- Transcripts can also be sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Transcripts can be mailed to:
- A recommended combined verbal and quantitative score of 297 or higher on the GRE and a score of 3.5 or higher on the 6-point analytical writing scale, taken within the last five years OR GMAT score of 500, taken within the last five years. Elon University’s M.S. in Management GRE program code is 5183 and GMAT program code is BFI-84-88.
- This requirement may be waived (please see below)
- A current resume
- Two letters of recommendation from either a professional or academic source
- A completed application form and personal statement (instructions included with application) with a $50 nonrefundable fee (paid online or with check or money order made payable to Elon University)
- For international applicants:
- Official transcripts must be translated into English, if they are not already in English, and must be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by a third-party such as WES.Evidence of English language proficiency
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required unless English is the student’s native language or the language of instruction. A minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based tests) or 213 (computer-based examinations) is required.
- Students may also elect to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic exam. A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (overall band) is required.
- Once a student is admitted, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure a spot in the class.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Requests
Applicants requesting a GMAT/GRE waiver must meet at least two of the following for consideration:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher for the degree granting institution
- Successful completion of a graduate degree or US graduate degree equivalent
- 7 or more years of full-time, professional post-baccalaureate work experience
- US Military Service
- Completion of a professional certificate (e.g. CPA, CFP, etc.)
If you meet at least two requirements listed above, you are eligible to request to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver. Applying for a waiver does not guarantee approval. The admissions committee will review this request after your completed application is processed. Please note, a completed application includes all supporting documents such as transcripts, recommendation letters and resume. A waiver decision will be made within two weeks of being sent to the admissions committee.
Note: Students lacking prerequisite courses in accounting and finance will take these courses at Elon prior to the program’s enrollment in September.
Exceptions to these requirements will be considered under special circumstances.