As a part-time faculty member, you are a valued member of the Elon community working to influence students’ learning and their lives. Your department chair and program assistant will be very helpful as you learn more about teaching at Elon, whether you are teaching here for the first time or returning.
On this page, you’ll find more about other campus resources as well as useful information to support your teaching and work at Elon.
Resources for Teaching
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) can assist you in adapting courses you’ve taught elsewhere or as you develop new ones that are engaging and challenging. We would be happy to meet with you to talk about any aspect of your courses or teaching at Elon.
- CATL also has an extensive library of resources about teaching and learning that you can search through the Belk library database.
- You are always welcome to attend any CATL workshops or events or to schedule a teaching consultation. You can find out more about CATL programs throughout the year on our Events page.
On the New Faculty website, you’ll find answers to many of your questions, including:
- Important dates to keep in mind
- Practical Details and Teaching Resources including how to print
- Campus resources for supporting student well-being
- Faculty Roles and Responsibilities
Colleagues at Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT) provide support for Moodle and other software, consult with faculty about integrating technology into courses, facilitate seminars and events, and can help you create multimedia course components and learning objects. TLT provides the support needed for the innovative use of technological tools, in the spirit of student-centered pedagogy and engaged learning, including figuring out Moodle.
At the Belk Library, you can access the library’s holdings for your teaching and research, request office delivery of books, and ILL resources for teaching and scholarship. Questions can be directed to your department’s library liaison or the Ask Us text box on the home page.
Elon also provides free or reduced cost ways for you to connect with students or colleagues over lunch, as part of the following initiatives:
- Take a student to lunch: up to five lunches in a dining hall with a student are funded by the Office of the Provost and VP of Student Life
- “Compliments of the House” coupons worth $2.00 off your lunch price at Clohan, Lakeside, or McEwen Dining Halls, are available from your program/office assistant, and funded by the Provost to encourage fellowship and community with other faculty and staff members across campus, over an affordable and tasty meal.
Policies, Benefits and Responsibilities
If you have other questions about terms of employment or available benefits, talk with your department chair or visit the HR Guides, Policies and Procedures page, Benefits page, or the faculty handbook.