Mark your calendars for these events!
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP SHOWCASE & ePORTFOLIO REVIEW
Tuesday, February 13: This is a great opportunity to get your summer/fall/winter interns! In addition, you can share your expertise and evaluate senior ePortfolios. As you know, your presence on our campus is important to students, and there’s no greater feeling than giving back to help them. If you have at least five (5) years of professional experience, please feel free to sign up here by January 29.
LAWRENCE WRIGHT, “HOW TO CARRY THE STORY (FROM START TO FINISH)”
7:30 p.m., Monday, March 5. Whitley Auditorium: Lawrence Wright is the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 and Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief. A phenomenal investigative journalist, Wright counts on a painstaking methodology to make the daunting task of distilling his complex subjects and months or years of research into riveting nonfiction prose. Ten (10) free tickets available. First come, first served. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WSOE 40TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
March 9 and 10: This event is open to all alumni and current members of WSOE. Come visit with old friends and reminisce about your time behind the sound board. Please RSVP by February 23. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Friday, March 9:
- 4-5 p.m. – Meet and greet; Snow Family Grand Atrium
- 5-6:15 p.m. – 40 Years of WSOE panel moderated by Assistant Professor Gerald Gibson; Turner Theatre
- 6:30 p.m. – Dinner with keynote speaker Tom Mullen ’00, vice president of marketing catalog at Atlantic Records; Snow Family Grand Atrium
- 8 p.m. – Social gathering with musical entertainment by Bounce! Express; Oak House, 112 N. Williamson Avenue
Saturday, March 10:
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Tours of the new School of Communications and opportunities to DJ at the new WSOE location
ELON IN L.A.
Will post events soon.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED WITH THESE EVENTS?
These are just a few events and activities the School of Communications has planned for you this academic year. Please check back periodically for updates. Please contact J McMerty (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Elon in L.A. events.
THERE ARE MORE EVENTS COMING!
Would you like lunch with an Elon speaker? Another free online iMedia Sampler? Webinar on freelancing? Contact Nagatha Tonkins with your ideas and suggestions (email@example.com).