The Interactive Media program enrolls in August. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis throughout the year. We receive the majority of applications January through March. Please submit all required application materials as early as possible prior to enrollment, but no later than May 1. We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible for full scholarship consideration.
- Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate studies completed or taken, and sent to Elon’s Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution; transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
2750 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
- A recommended combined verbal and quantitative score of 297 or higher on the GRE, and a score of 3.5 or higher on the 6-point analytical writing scale, taken within the last five years OR a recommended Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score of 400 or higher taken within the last five years. Have your official GRE or MAT scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Elon University’s GRE code is 5183 and MAT code is 1355.
- In certain instances, a student’s portfolio of work may be considered instead of scores on standardized tests
- Two letters of recommendation
- A completed application form and personal statement (instructions included with application) with a $50 nonrefundable fee
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required unless English is the student’s native language or the language of instruction. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (Internet-based) is required. English translations of transcripts and explanations of grading systems are required.
Note: Students lacking prerequisite courses in Media Law and Ethics and Media Writing will take these courses at Elon the week prior to the program beginning in August.
Exceptions to these requirements will be considered under special circumstances.