The Interactive Media program enrolls in August. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please submit all required application materials as early as possible prior to enrollment, but no later than May 1. We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible to receive full consideration for scholarships.
- Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate studies completed or taken, and sent to Elon’s Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution; transcripts may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
2750 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work
- If you have less than a 3.0 cumulative GPA, you must take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT); have your official GRE or MAT scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions using Elon’s GRE code of 5183 or MAT code of 1355
- Personal Statement that should be no more than 1,500 words and should address the following:
- 1. Why do you want to study at Elon and describe the impact you want to make in interactive media or another related field using skills you would obtain in the program?
- 2. What experience, characteristics and/or strengths do you possess that make you a strong candidate for the M.A. in Interactive Media program at Elon?
- In certain instances, a student’s digital portfolio of work may be considered instead of standardized tests scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- A completed application form and personal statement (instructions included with application) with a $60 nonrefundable fee. Due to the impact of COVID-19, the application fee will be waived for all Fall 2021 applicants.
For International Applicants:
- Complete requirements listed above
- Official transcripts must be to English, if they are not already in English, and must be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by a third party such as WES or ECE.
- If you transcript is already fully in English, we can conduct the evaluation internally. Simply upload your transcripts to your application for review.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required unless English is the student’s native language or the language of instruction. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (Internet-based) is required. English translations of transcripts and explanations of grading systems are required. Elon’s TOEFL code is 5183.
- Students may also elect to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic exam; a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (overall band) is required.