EIM-OC Student Leaders
Student leaders are an integral part of the EIM-OC leadership team and represent the student voice on campus. They are the champions of the EIM-OC movement! Student leaders are role models to others around them, passionately promoting physical activity to their peers. Student leaders wear many hats, though their primary responsibilities are to help design and lead awareness campaigns and events, as well as to participate in community outreach programs, both within the Elon community and the surrounding areas. Student leaders may also be involved with EIM-related research focused on the assessment and promotion of physical activity at Elon. Applicants are welcome from any background and/or major and will bring the knowledge and values of EIM into their future practices and careers. This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in health education and health promotion.
Average of 2-3 hours per week while on campus, supervised by Drs. Thomas and Higgins:
- Attendance of regular meetings with the EIM-OC leadership team
- Joint coordination of the EIM-OC website, alongside the other student leader. E.g. generation and presentation of updated website content, response to inquiry emails, etc.
- Design and implementation of health promotion and communication strategies associated with the EIM-OC mission. This may include social media usage such as Twitter or Instagram
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with on-campus clubs such as the Exercise Science Society or the Lincoln Pre-Health Society, or other departments such as Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Competency with WordPress, Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, or similar design software
- Key Skills: Written and Oral Communication, Organization, Initiative, Teamwork
- Applicants are expected to serve for one year. Student leaders may be asked to extend their term if mutually beneficial.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email their response (no more than one page, double spaced, ‘Arial’ size 11 font, PDF documents only) to the following questions to ElonEIMOC@gmail.com:
What can you bring to the role of EIM-OC student leader?
In your opinion, what are the three most important character qualities for an EIM-OC student leader?