The mission of the School of Health Sciences is to provide distinctive and exceptional educational experiences for all students who enroll in Elon University’s health professions programs. An Elon education transforms the student into an outstanding professional who is ready to serve others with a respect for human differences, a passion for life long learning, personal and professional integrity, and an ethic of work and service.
As a collaborative, inclusive community of students, faculty, and staff, we value:
- Diversity of people and ideas
- Being responsive to needs of society
- Caring for patients’ physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs
- High ethical and professional principles
- Intellectual growth and development
- Engaged learning
- Educational innovation
- Scholarship activities
- Applicaton of evidence-based practice
- Global perspectives
- Leadership in the professions
- Community service
- Life-long learning
To prepare graduates who are recognized by health care organizations as well equipped to assume their role in the fast-paced and changing world of health care. To be recognized as an educational leader in health care professions education.