Academic Advising for First-year Students (Spring)
Welcome to the Phoenix Family! The Office of Academic Advising will work with you to build your first schedule at Elon. We want you to take your time reading through information here and then complete the First-Year Advising Survey for spring admitted students.
The staff in the Office of Academic Advising create your initial schedule. One of your classes will be Elon 101: The First Year Advising Seminar. This is a one-semester hour class that meets twice a week in the spring semester. This course is also taught by your academic advisor, who will advise you until you declare your major. You will meet your advisor at new student spring orientation. At that time, they will clear you to make schedule adjustments in OnTrack for Students. Until then, you will work with the Office of Academic Advising on the initial schedule and schedule adjustments.
Prior to course registration
Be sure to complete the following check-list of items:
- Pay your enrollment deposit through University Admissions.
- Transcripts for all coursework from other institutions must be sent to Elon.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) scores must be sent to Elon.
- Follow the registration steps listed next.
NOTE: You must have all official transcripts of all college work, including current coursework, sent to Elon’s Office of Admissions: Campus Box 2700, Elon, NC 27244. Failure to do so will interfere with appropriate course selection.
- Complete and submit the First-Year Advising Survey. Be sure to address all questions in depth. (We are no longer registering students for spring 2021. The spring survey is not available).
- Prior to the start of spring term, check your email inbox for a copy of your spring course schedule. The classes on your schedule have been selected based upon your transfer credits, AP/IB credit and intended major.
- If you have questions about your class schedule, you can call the Office of Academic Advising at 336-278-6500. We are open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday.
World language placement exam: Instructions for taking the world language placement exam will be sent to students at a later date. Contact the Office of Academic Advising with additional questions about this requirement.