Academic Advising for First-year Students (Spring)
As a first-year student who accepted enrollment to spring term, you will find the following information helpful for spring course registration. We will assist you with developing a course schedule and registering you for your first-semester classes. Your Elon 101 instructor will serve as your academic advisor until you declare a major and are assigned an academic advisor within your major. Enrolling in the first-year advising seminar, Elon 101, is strongly recommended. This seminar will support your transition to Elon.
Preparing for course registration
In order to assist the Academic Support and Advising Center in developing your spring class schedule, be certain to complete the following:
- Your enrollment deposit is paid and processed.
- Transcripts for all coursework from other institutions must be sent to Elon
- AP and IB scores must be sent to Elon
- Follow the registration steps listed in the next section of this page
- Complete and submit the registration information form. Please list ALL coursework that you expect to transfer to Elon and any other information that might be helpful to drafting your spring course schedule.
- Prior to the start of spring term, check your email inbox for a copy of your spring course schedule. The classes on your schedule have been selected based upon your transfer credits, AP/IB credit and intended major.
- If you have questions about your class schedule, you can call the Academic Support & Advising Center at 336-278-6500. We are open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Reminder: You must have all official transcripts of all college work, including current coursework, sent to Elon’s Office of Admissions: Campus Box 2700, Elon, NC 27244. Failure to do so will interfere with appropriate course selection.
World language placement exam: Instructions for taking the world language placement exam will be sent to students at a later date. Contact the Academic Support & Advising Center with additional questions.