The Office of Academic Advising and the Elon 101 Program is conducting a call to teach for NEW Elon 101 advisors/instructors for the Fall 2021 semester.
Elon 101 is taught by a talented cadre of full-time teaching faculty and staff who have a special interest in advising and teaching first-year students.
To serve in this role, Elon 101 advisors/instructors must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Master’s degree or higher in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Be full-time teaching faculty or a full-time staff member employed by the University.
- Have a special interest in first-year advising and transition.
- Serve as an academic advisor to students enrolled in Elon 101 AND continue advising until a major is declared.
- Receive approval of supervisor or department chair.
- Attend all trainings to include Faculty Development Sessions during spring semester, Elon 101 New Advisor/Instructor Orientation Sessions held in June, and Elon 101 Planning Week Session in August.
To submit your interest, please complete the Elon 101 New Advisor/Instructor Interest Form by Friday, April 2nd, 2021. Invitations to teach will be sent in early-April, however, submission of this form does NOT guarantee selection.
To learn more about teaching Elon 101 and advising first-year students, you are strongly encouraged to attend an Elon 101 Information Session held on the following dates via Zoom. Please use the corresponding link to register for the date you would like to attend.
Tuesday, March 30th, 4-5pm Registration Link: https://elon.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUufuipqTMpG9OJnafIpbJOl2BAoiqt6gjk
Wednesday, March 31st, 12noon-1pm Registration Link: https://elon.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcrcOmuqTIvHdzhU9sUMlR5ocU63sXFK_ya
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Brandy Propst, Director of Elon 101, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (336)278-6500.