First-Year Advising & Registration Virtual Events
The Office of Academic Advising and our campus partners will be offering a variety of sessions for new Class of 2026 students and friends/families throughout the summer. These sessions are targeted toward students who will be joining the Elon Community in fall 2022.
How to Use Student Planning for Course Registration
Student Planning within OnTrack is the online tool that students use to plan and register for classes. The two videos below provide students a how-to in terms of logging in, accessing Student Planning, determining their date and time to register, and planning their classes.
Required Small Group Virtual Advising Sessions
The Small Group Virtual Advising Sessions are offered at a variety of date, times, and academic interests. You may select your session in advance. This will not impact the date and time that you will register for classes in July.
This session is required. Students must complete both Elon Bound and their Small Group Virtual Advising Session to be cleared to register for classes. Within 5 to 7 business days of completing Elon Bound, the sign up for the Small Group Virtual Advising will be available in your Acorn Account.
Sign ups are done through your Elon University User ID and password. Confirmation emails will be sent to your Elon University email only.
The academic interest topics include:
- Communications Fellows only: for students admitted to the Communications Fellows program
- Exploring Multiple Majors: for undecided students and students looking at multiple options
- Health Professions Majors/Career: for students considering a Health Professions career path
- Humanities & Social Sciences: for students considering a liberal arts major in areas such as English, Philosophy, History, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, and the like
- Love School of Business: for students focused on majors and careers in business
- Performing Arts: these sessions are for students already admitted to audition-based majors; students interested in similar majors or applying during the upcoming academic year are encouraged to attend a Humanities & Social Sciences session
- School of Communications: for students exploring our 5 Communications majors as well as Sport Management
- School of Education: for students exploring a career in K-12 education
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math: for STEM students not considering a Health Professions career path
- Teaching Fellows only: these sessions are for students admitted to the Teaching Fellows program