Academic Advising is conducting a call to teach for NEW Elon 101 advisors/instructors for the Fall 2020 semester. Elon 101 is taught by a talented cadre of full-time teaching faculty and staff who have a special interest in advising and teaching first-year students.
To serve in this role, Elon 101 advisors/instructors must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Master’s degree or higher in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Be full-time teaching faculty or a full-time staff member employed by the University.
- Have a special interest in first-year advising and transition.
- Serve as an academic advisor to students enrolled in Elon 101 AND continue advising until a major is declared.
- Receive approval of supervisor or department chair.
- Attend Faculty Development Sessions during spring semester and Elon 101 New Advisor/Instructor Orientation Sessions held in June.
To submit your interest, please complete the Elon 101 New Advisor/Instructor Interest Form. Invitations to teach will be sent in early-April, however, submission of this form does NOT guarantee selection.
To learn more about teaching Elon 101 and advising first-year students, we strongly encourage you to attend an Elon 101 Information Session.
- March 18, 2020, 12pm-1pm, WebEx
- March 25, 2020, 12pm-1pm, WebEx
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Brandy Propst, Director of Elon 101, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (336)278-6500.