The Leaders in a Global World (LGW) offers a unique living and learning environment for Elon University students interested in exploring leadership. Through regular house activities such as dinners, discussion, common readings, movie viewings, and on- and off-campus events, LGW residents will begin to examine leadership by exploring themselves and learning more about the kind of leader they wish to become.
We are welcoming all applicants who would like to be a part of a great learning community focused on leadership development, globalization, and cultural differences.
The Leaders in a Global World Living Learning Community creates, cultivates, and sustains an atmosphere for leadership exploration in tandem with living in a multicultural environment. The LGW community is intentionally focused on facilitating interactions between residents with diverse life experiences, backgrounds, and worldviews, fostering awareness of and appreciation of cultural differences. As a member of the LGW community, you will engage in an exploration of your personal leadership style from a multicultural and global perspective.
The Leaders in a Global World Living Learning Community seeks to enhance the residential experience of students by:
- Increasing self-awareness through the exploration of values, beliefs, culture, and identity.
- Learning group roles, dynamics, and decision making to function constructively in groups.
- Building an awareness of leadership issues facing our communities and society.
- Developing a personal philosophy of leadership.
- Understanding what it means to be a leader at Elon.
- Understanding one’s self, those around them, and how to be an effective leader while working with others.
- Developing strategies for implementing leadership concepts on a daily basis.
- Developing skills for how to create opportunities for themselves and others in areas of interest.
- Increasing awareness that leadership is not only “how to do it, but how to be it.”
The LGW advisors and RA have created several leadership positions in an effort to engage members of our community, provide opportunities for residents to demonstrate their leadership skills, and support the programmatic efforts of the advisors and RAs.
Explore the LGW LLC Syllabus.
2018-2019:East Residential Neighborhood, the newest residential community on campus. Amenities include double rooms, study areas, and access to a hall kitchen and common space.
LGW Leadership Positions
As a community focused on leadership development, the LGW advisor and RA have created several leadership positions in an effort to engage members of our community, provide opportunities for residents to demonstrate their leadership skills, and support the programmatic efforts of the advisors and RAs.
- Community Service Coordinators – coordinate and communicate opportunities for service for LGW residents
- Wellness Coordinators – assist in creating intramural teams, Sunday yoga sessions, and promotes campus wellness events
- LLC Challenge Coordinators – submit LGW activities and events to count towards the LLC Challenge competition
- Calendar Coordinators – use the LGW, Global, and University calendars to remind residents of upcoming events and programs
- Banner Coordinators – facilitate the design, concept, creation of the LGW IRC banner
- LLC Video Coordinators – facilitate the design, concept, and creation of the LGW video
- Mentor Coordinators – assist in the pairing of mentors/mentees and encourages LGW residents to engage in meaningful development of their mentors relationship
How to Apply
Visit this page for more information.
Contact the LGW Advisors: