What is the Transfer House?
The Transfer House is a residential space dedicated to creating a seamless experience for Elon’s transfer student population by building a community and network for transfer students while providing academic and transitional resources that will aid students as they author their unique Elon experience.
Where is the Transfer House located?
The Transfer House is located in the Trollinger House, located near the train tracks across from downtown Elon. The house is located across the street from campus and is considered on-campus housing. The house accommodates 15 students through a variety of room types (single rooms, doubles, and one large triple room). The house has the following amenities:
- 2 community kitchens
- 1 large community common room
- 2 smaller common rooms
- Washer and dryer in the House
- Walking distance from Downtown Elon and Elon’s main campus
What are the advantages of the Transfer House?
- Opportunity to build community with other transfer students as the house will have current and new transfer students
- Acceptance into the Transfer House gives you guaranteed priority housing in the Trollinger House
- Opportunity to build a network of peers with a common experience
- Gain a greater understanding of resources at Elon and connections to Elon faculty and staff
How do I apply for the Transfer House?
Have additional questions?
Please feel free to refer to the Transfer House Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document. If you have any additional questions about the Transfer House please reach out to Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-278-7300.