Thank you for your interest in serving as a mentor in the Elon Latinx/Hispanic Alumni Network (ELHAN) Mentorship Program! This program is open to all Elon University alumni who identify as Latino(a)/Latinx(e)/Hispanic.
Each selected ELHAN Mentor will be paired with an ELHAN Mentee to develop a personal and professional networking connection. While each mentor pair will be unique, the basic participation highlights include:
- Monthly communication with Mentee
- Once a month the mentee should reach out to their mentee in any of the following ways: Phone call, Zoom, Text, E-mail (minimum of 8 times a year)
- Commitment to the mentoring connection for at least one year
- Participate in ELHAN Mentor Training (via Zoom)
- Inquire about Mentee’s classes, internships, and/or volunteer opportunities they are taking towards their desired career field.
- Set two goals (personal/professional) to check in on with your mentee
- Completion of program evaluation/reflective activities
The selection timeline is as follows:
- Application Deadline: Accepted Year-Round
- Notification of Selection: July 14, 2023
- Training for Mentors: Early September 2023
- Notification of Pairing: September 25, 2023
- First Meetup with Mentees: October 2023 (virtual)
Participation for the following 2023-2024 events is strongly encouraged if you able to join us:
- Homecoming Events Sponsored by ELHAN/El Centro/CREDE (Nov. 3-5)
Please fill out the application below in its entirety.