What are some highlights from the last 40 years?
- I married Steve Humphrey in 1981, he was a rising senior at Elon when we got married. After living in Burlington for a year we moved to Virginia Beach where we still reside.
- We have 2 sons and a daughter. Our kids were very involved in sports, my boys in surfing my daughter graduated from Ohio State where she played field hockey. These were some great years.
- We now have a 20 month old grandson who we adore.
- I am currently the CEO of Genesis Cabling Services where I work with Steve. Still thankful that Janie Council talked me into majoring in Accounting at Elon.
Who would you particularly like to see at the reunion (virtual and in-person)?
Hopefully next year we can have an in-person reunion!
How many (and/or) who of your classmates do you still keep in contact with today?
- Even though my Elon roommate for all 4 years doesn’t live in VB anymore I try to see her every time she comes in town.
- Linda Glunt Ehrhardt and her TKE husband Ron. Love them!
- I also see my Zeta little sister, Trish Stevenson and Mark Forlines. Mark and his wife, Carol Anne bring their boat to VB several times a year and we have had some great times.
- Stan Leicester, a Sig Ep brother of Steve’s just bought a house at the beach and we have spent a few fun days on the beach with Stan.
- Also I love keeping up with my Zeta girls and my other classmates on Facebook. It’s nice to see what everyone is up to.
What is your favorite Elon memory?
Can’t honestly pick one. But maybe the night at the Sig Ep house when Linda introduced me to Steve. Also being the Kappa Psi Nu sweetheart. Loved the sorority and fraternity banquets at the beach, football games, talent show Calendar Girl with my Zeta girls, and living in the Zeta house..
What is something interesting that you want your classmates to know about you?
I am a 20 year breast cancer survivor. Grateful every day!