Student Alumni Ambassadors work to enhance the student experience by providing opportunities to strengthen and build lifelong relationships to Elon as partners, advocates and investors. SAA facilitates interaction between students and alumni by creating relevant and meaningful programs for future alumni. Underlying all that the Student Alumni Ambassadors do, is a belief in the importance of fostering lifelong participation and philanthropic support while maintaining Elon’s spirit and traditions.
What is the role of a Student Alumni Ambassador?
Ambassadors serve as official student representatives for the Office of Alumni Engagement and promote interaction among students, alumni, administrators, parents and friends of the university by providing support at events to various departments on campus.
Student Alumni Ambassadors, as an extension of the Office of Alumni Engagement, will:
- Provide support and student representation at Alumni Engagement events and programs such as Homecoming Weekend, Family Weekend, Top 10 under 10 awards ceremony, local chapter and club events, and alumni boards
- Develop future alumni who serve as Elon partners, advocates and investors
- Educate current students about Elon’s traditions, history and the importance of alumni giving
- Promote and instill student loyalty and pride
- Plan events such as the First-Phoenix Tailgate, Uncorked Wine Tasting, Spirit Days/Nights, Life after Elon Series, Dinner with the Phoenix, Elon Day etc.
- Coordinate Senior Week events
- Provide tours of Elon University to alumni
Join the SAA
Interested in becoming a Student Alumni Ambassador?
Learn more here
For more information, contact:
Adrian Carpenter, SAA Advisor
You can also find the Elon Student Alumni ambassadors on Facebook.