Elon’s blog service, located at blogs.elon.edu, utilizes the WordPress platform to give Elon faculty, staff, and students an easy tool for online writing. Our blog service is intended for professors who want to integrate writing assignments into their curriculum or departments that want to utilize blogging’s informal writing tone for communicating announcements, how-tos, or other information that doesn’t necessarily fit on E-Net (Elon’s news website).
Students, Faculty, Staff
Intended for course or departmental-use only; personal or student organization blogs are currently not supported.
Benefits & Key Features
- Easily post text, images, videos, links, and other materials
- Work with IT to import your class roster
- Common Elon-branded theme
- Administration, including updates and security, is handled by Elon
- Blogs can be public or private
- Comments can be turned on or off
- Elon login integration
There is no cost for this service.
For Students and Authors
- Ingredients of a good blog post
- Write a blog post
- Add an image to a post
- Edit and publish posts
- Comment on a blog post
- Add video to a blog post
- Update a user profile
- Reset your password for blogs.elon.edu