SharePoint is a powerful collaboration platform within the Microsoft 365 suite. At Elon, SharePoint is used in two primary ways:
- Team Sites: Team sites are the default collaborative sites created for departments, committees, or project teams. These sites contain components that you’ll find useful for collaboration such as an area to share and collaborate on files, a team calendar, and a task list you can use to organize projects or tasks for your team.
- Forms, Workflows, and Data Management: SharePoint is more than just a powerful collaboration platform. IT can help you create a SharePoint-powered form that will not only help you collect and organize your data, but also has the ability to integrate workflows. For example, if your form needs an approval after submission, we can help you build a form that sends the form to the specified person for approval, recording every step along the way.
Benefits & Key Features
- A centralized location for all of your department or team files
- Real-time collaboration with colleagues on Office files (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Shared calendar and task lists (among other rich, out-of-the-box features)
- Easily recover deleted documents or roll back to previous versions
- Access files and SharePoint site from any device
- Ability to make areas and document folders private
SharePoint is free to all faculty and staff.
There are no support documents at this time. If you have questions, please contact the Service Desk.