Moodle is Elon’s official learning management system (LMS). Post your syllabus, create learning modules and quizzes, communicate with your class, and manage your grades all in one place. Your course shell in Moodle will be created automatically (and students automatically enrolled). Be sure to take advantage of integrated systems like Kaltura, a video management platform that allows you to upload videos to your course and create screencasts. If you are interested in learning how students interact with your course, chat with Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT) about Moodle’s Analytics & Reporting tools.
Faculty, Staff, Students
Benefits & Features
- Make course materials and information available to students 24/7
- Link to library resources, videos, or other websites
- Provide supplementary reading materials
- Post announcements
- Take attendance
- Enhance student-to-student interaction with the use of discussion boards, wikis, and groups
- Assess students through assignments and quizzes
- More ideas can be found on the IT Blog
There is no cost to use this tool.
Moodle Support Videos
This summer, TLT created a series of videos to help faculty get started with Moodle. Whether you are new to Moodle or just need a refresher, check out this ongoing video series.
- How do I get started?
- How can I use the Gradebook?
- How do I integrate video into my course?
- How do I create assignments?
- How do I create advanced forums?
- How do I create a quiz?