There are multiple student organizations that engage gender from a variety of perspectives at Elon University. Under Student Organizations you will find brief descriptions of the various organizations and links to their respective PhoenixConnect pages for more information. In addition to our student organizations, there are multiple student initiatives on campus that engage gender from a variety of perspectives.
- Alpha Chi Omega: This is a national women’s organization that enriches the lives of members through lifetime opportunities for friendship, leadership, learning, and service
- Elon Feminists For Equality, Change, and Transformation (EFFECT): This is an organization that is devoted to awareness and activism around issues of Feminism in an intersectional way.
- Elon Microfinance Initiative: This organization empowers small business owners internationally through the distribution of small, low-interest loans. EMI supports and enables economic growth and stability and promotes sustainability and gender equality.
- I Am That Girl: The purpose of I AM THAT GIRL (IATG): Elon is to provide a space where women can come together to be, love, and express who they are, by working to build tangible community, inspire genuine conversation, and encourage self-confidence. We are a community of women empowering each other to be the best versions of themselves.
- She’s the First: She’s the First is a non-profit organization that raises money for girls’ education in developing nations so that they can be the first in their families to graduate.
- Students Promoting Awareness, Change, and Empowerment (SPACE): The purpose of S.P.A.C.E is for all students of all genders and all members of the Elon community to engage in the serious and pervasive issue of rape, domestic violence and sexual assault on college campuses.
- Students Promoting Awareness, Responsibility, Knowledge, and Success (SPARKS): This organization is a group of authentic and accepting peer educators, leaders and advocates who have a variety of passions and interests related to health, wellness and social justice. We empower students to make value-based choices by facilitating a nonjudgmental space to engage in supportive, open-minded conversations with peers. Through education, awareness, and collaborations we connect peer with further resources and encourage them to develop personal and community wellness.
- Spectrum: Spectrum is Elon University’s queer-straight student alliance. Existing for over 20 years, we provide social support, education, and activism opportunities with-and-for students and the greater campus community around the spectrum of gender identities and sexual orientations.
- Beyond Masculinity: Beyond Masculinity’s initiative at Elon University is to create a safe space for men to come together and discuss their personal lives and issues of masculinity.
- One Love: Team One Love @ Elon is committed to activating our entire campus in a movement to end relationship violence. You can join us by participating in an Escalation Workshop or starting a Yards4Yeardley challenge.