This page contains information about facility modifications for the fall semester. If you have any specific questions that are not answered on this page, contact us at 336-278-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to being Elon’s primary recreation facility, the Koury Center is also the administrative hub of Campus Recreation & Wellness, includes two resource centers, and is home to the Department of Education & Wellness, Exercise Science, and Athletics Academic Support. The administrative office will maintain its regular hours of Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
Operations and availability for reservation of specific spaces include:
- Fitness center: Opening 9/7 – see the fitness centers website for more information
- Alumni Gym: Academic classes, meetings, and university/student events and programs
- Jordan Gym: Academic classes, basketball shoot around, and university/student events and programs
- Beck Pool: Closed for the academic year
- Squash Court A: Closed
- Racquetball Court B: Pilates academic classes only
- Needham Pilates Studio (Court C): Pilates academic classes only
- Racquetball Court D: Pilates academic classes only
- Racquetball Court E: Closed
- Studio 5: Opening 9/7 – see the fitness centers website for more information
- Studio 6: Academic classes, group exercise classes, and student events and programs
- Showers and changing areas in all locker rooms: Closed
- ELOA Resource Center: Monday-Friday 12pm-5pm
- Mind-Body Connection: Open Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9am-1pm and Tuesday/Thursday 1-5pm
South Gym & PARC
The PARC gym is available to reserve for academic classes, meetings, and non-recreational university/student events and programs. The PARC fitness center will open Monday 9/7 – see the fitness centers website for more information.
Elon Challenge & Experiential Campus
The 18-acre experiential campus is approximately one mile west of the Koury Center on Moonelon Drive and includes the Elon Challenge, a high- and low-ropes challenge course, as well as the Lodge, an outdoor classroom/pavilion, and orienteering courses. It’s primary use is for academic courses and Elon Challenge reservations. Groups may reserve spaces (excluding the Elon Challenge), but there are no drop-in hours.
- The capacity of the Lodge is reduced to 32 participants/students
- Groups/activities can be adjusted to meet physical distancing requirements and outdoor gathering requirements
- Elements that involve participants in close proximity and/or shared equipment will be taken offline
- A hand sanitizer station has been added at the Lodge
- When physical distancing cannot be maintained outdoors, staff and participants will be required to wear face coverings in accordance with University policies
The recreation side of the driving range includes 12 hitting bays and two practice greens. It is used by the club golf team and academic courses, but is primarily a drop-in facility, and maintains regular hours of operation.
- A hand sanitizer station and Ready & Resilient signage was added near the golf ball dispenser
- A receptacle was placed near the hitting bays where patrons can dispose of golf ball baskets – the baskets will be washed by staff during shifts and restocked at the dispenser
Other Outdoor Facilities
Campus Recreation & Wellness manages several outdoors spaces, including the Station at Mill Point Pool and fields/courts throughout campus. The Station at Mill Point Pool will be closed through the 2020-2021 academic year. The fields and outdoors courts will continue to operate regularly, but within University and department program guidelines specific to COVID-19, including the face coverings policy.