This page contains information about online wellness resources. If you have any specific questions that are not answered on this page, contact us at 336-278-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Act-Belong-Commit (ABC) is a framework Elon adopted in Fall 2019 to foster an institutional culture of holistic wellness where every individual has an opportunity to transform their mind, body, and spirit and we work together to create a mentally healthy campus.
- Elon ABC website provides an overview of the framework and links to campus resources
- Check out the Demystifying Mental Health: Act-Belong-Commit webinar with Dr. Caroline Ketcham, Professor and Chair of Exercise Science, and Larry Mellinger, Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness
- This article from ABC Western Australia offers tips on staying mentally healthy when isolated
- The fall group exercise schedule features several virtual classes
- Here’s a great resource from Xplore Nutrition with more than 75 workouts you can do at home with no equipment
- Search #athomeworkout on Instagram for workouts posted by fitness instructors from around the world
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Burlington-Elon Greenway
- Here’s a list of trails in Alamance County that are all just a short drive from campus
- Explore the Great Wall of China, Yellowstone National Park, and these five other national parks virtually
- Staff from Campus Recreation & Wellness and Counseling Services partnered to host a virtual wellness panel that offers tips and suggestions to stay healthy during these challenging times
- Counseling Services has an excellent website full of online mental health resources
- This Medium article offers some great advice on ways to stay well in the time of COVID-19
- This article is from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention provides advice on taking care of your mental health during times of uncertainty