Elon Volunteers! (EV!) exists to provide all members of the Elon University campus the opportunity to develop an ethic of service by connecting campus and community through service experiences. EV! is student-run and student-led, with over 100 student leaders coordinating a wide variety of programs and opportunities.
For Education and Youth Development there are many ways for students to get involved in helping out in the community.
- Adult Tutoring and ESL at Alamance Community College: Tutor and support adult learners
- America Reads: Tutor at local schools to improve math and literacy skills
- After School Enrichment at Boys and Girls Club: Mentor and support children in an after-school program
- Mentoring at Burlington Housing Authority: Build relationships with children in an after-school program
- Immigrant and Refugee Outreach: Support immigrant and refugee families and children
- Lunch Buddies: Mentor local students over lunch each week
- Tutoring at Positive Attitude Youth Center: Tutor and assist with recreational activities after school
Checkout all that EV! has to offer here.