Confidential Support & Advocacy
If you are experiencing or have experienced relationship violence, sexual violence, or stalking but do not feel comfortable disclosing your identity or filing a formal complaint, that is okay! There are still resources available to you! Confidential resources are confidential and do not disclose the information shared with them unless there is a report of immediate harm or abuse of a dependent. Confidential resources can:
- Offer a non-judgmental, empathetic space to discuss your experiences
- Work through the options available to you for reporting, medical care, and other short term and long term needs related to violence
- Connect you to resources such as counseling services, Title IX, and student organizations
- Create an individualized safety plan with you
- Provide in-person response and accompaniment to meetings with medical providers, police, or Title IX
A confidential responder is available 24/7 to respond to survivors of interpersonal violence including sexual violence, relationship violence and stalking. When the dispatcher answers your call they will ask for a number to reach you so that the confidential advocate can call you back.
Coordinator for Violence Response: 336-278-5009
Julia Metz is Elon’s full-time confidential advocate. Julia can work with survivors to process experiences, determine strategies for coping with triggers, coordinate with faculty around academic needs, and other support needs. To schedule a meeting with Julia, click here or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Confidential Campus Support Options:
- Counseling Services
- 24/7 Counselor on Call: Contact Campus Safety and Police at 336-278-5555 and ask for the counselor on call.
- Student Health Services
- Truitt Center for Religious and Spiritual Life
CrossRoads Sexual Assault Response and Resource Center: 336-228-0360
Location: 1206 Vaughn Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Family Abuse Services: 336-226-5985
Location: 1950 Martin Street, Burlington, NC 27215
Guilford County Family Justice Center, Greensboro: 336-641-SAFE (7233)
Location: 201 S. Greene St., 2nd Floor, Greensboro, NC 27401