The Business, Finance and Technology division of the University has adopted the following priorities in order to move forward the Elon Commitment goal of “an unprecedented university commitment to diversity and global engagement.”
- Continue to improve the current hiring protocol that addresses the necessary steps in the search process in order to attract and recruit diverse, excellent, and qualified candidates for our positions.
- Offer development programs for all hiring managers through the work of the Assistant Director of Human Resources for Employee Relations and through the Office of Leadership and Professional Development on the topics that relate to Theme One. Among these may be:
- How to build a diverse pool of qualified applicants for open positions
- Dealing with the public in an ever increasingly diverse world
- Discrimination and harassment prevention in the workplace
- Improve reporting capabilities in HR for identifying and showing historical trends in employee demographic, race, sex, ethnicity (and other) categories.
- While exploring the requirements for accreditation of the Elon University Campus Police unit in the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, determine and implement the appropriate programs for community policing and community building.