What is happening with PageUp in the Fall of 2023?
During the initial fall implementation, Elon University began using PageUp for staff recruitment (job postings) and onboarding on 10/31/23. A small cohort of faculty positions have begun piloting the live version of PageUp.
What can Elon employees do in PageUp?
Within PageUp, employees are able to view their position descriptions. When employees are assigned to search committees within PageUp, they can review applicants assigned to the committee.
Hiring Managers can:
- Create and edit position descriptions.
- Recruit directly from position descriptions, post career opportunities to our website, and advertise in various publications.
- Send reminder emails to the approvers in the workflow.
- Screen applicants.
- Request background checks and motor vehicle record checks via HireRight within PageUp.
- Manage onboarding tasks for new employees or assign an onboarding delegate.
Designated approvers in the approval workflow can:
- Log into PageUp to approve or decline new and updated position descriptions and position requisitions.
- They can also approve position descriptions and requisitions directly from an email by simply replying with “Approve” in their email.
- Create an applicant (user) account.
- Apply to positions.
New employees can:
- Accept the offer letter through the applicant portal.
- Log into the employee portal to complete onboarding tasks.
What important changes are happening to Personnel Action Request (PAR) forms?
Currently, personnel action requests are being managed through Elon’s paper Personnel Action Request (PAR) Form under the Supervisor heading.
NOTE: HR will be monitoring PAR forms and running parallel processes in PageUp to assess system behavior related to record retention in combination with current internal processes in a stabilization period after initial launch of PageUp.
- Please continue to submit paper PAR forms during the initial launch.
- HR will notify Hiring Managers once PAR’s are fully transitioned to PageUp. At that time, personnel action requests will be administered within PageUp.
As an Elon University staff member, how does PageUp’s recruiting and onboarding modules affect me?
- In PageUp, staff members are able to view their up-to-date position description (if established), which will help employees to understand what they will be evaluated on during performance appraisals.
- Also, current employees who wish to apply to open staff positions at Elon will need to create a new applicant account in PageUp. Otherwise, the staff recruitment and onboarding modules will not affect current employees.
Who has access to PageUp?
- Using Elon’s single sign-on process, only authorized users can log into PageUp for position viewing and management purposes.
- Applicants are provided access to the PageUp applicant portal once a profile is created.
The Recruitment and Onboarding modules for staff went live on 10/31/23 as Elon transitions to PageUp. The Office of Human Resources is collaborating with the Provost’s Office to configure PageUp to handle faculty recruitment and onboarding throughout the fall of 2023.
The staff performance management module and learning management module will be implemented in the future.