Orientation for Staff
Joining Elon is an orientation program offered by the Office of Leadership and Professional Development every six months for staff members who have been at the University for less than one year. This program is in addition to the New Hire Orientation program that is offered bimonthly by the office of Human Resources. This program which encompasses three lunch and learn sessions will introduce new staff to Elon’s mission and values and provides a foundation for understanding the various components that encompass and support an Elon education. You’ll hear from staff, faculty, and administrators on various topics including our strategic plan, as well as gain a better understanding of student and academic life and learn about the Staff Advisory Council.
The Office of Leadership and Professional Development also encourages new staff to take advantage of our Joining Elon monthly programming. This programming is offered throughout the year and typically includes:
- Nuts & Bolts 1: HR Resource forms, Library, Wellness Center, SPACES, IT/Lynda.com, Campus Recreation, Print Services.
- Nuts & Bolts 2: Physical Plant, Bursar’s Office, Campus Safety and Police, Kernodle Center for Civic Life, Sustainability, etc.
- Professional Journeys Panel Discussion
- Creating an effective Performance Development Plan
- Engaging with Student Employees
- Resources from the Office of Leadership & Professional Development
- Understanding Generations in the workplace
- HR Best Practices for new employees
- Effective Communication Skills
- Personality Assessment
For more information, contact Ann Flaherty, Director of the Office of Leadership and Professional Development, at email@example.com or look for Ann’s emails over facstaff announcing monthly programming offerings.