Items which are no longer needed by a department are considered “surplus” materials. These items may,
however, be useful to other members of the Elon campus. If you have items that are no longer needed by your office or department, place a work request with the Facilities Management (through the FIXit website) to have the item transferred to surplus for possible redistribution.

When goods are no longer needed by the University, we will periodically offer them for sale via auction to faculty and staff only.