On-Demand Telehealth Appointments Available Now
Students experiencing emergency medical situations requiring immediate attention should call 911.
Elon has partnered with TimelyCare to offer a new telehealth program for students that provides access to free, 24/7/365 medical and mental virtual health care from anywhere in the United States.
TimelyCare will give students increased access to a provider for their medical and mental health needs, including those more acute needs. Students will also have access to these services when they are away from campus. Students will access the free services by using their Elon e-mail and the access code L2LRNI.
Whether students are feeling under the weather, anxious or overwhelmed, students will be able to talk to a licensed provider from their smartphone or any web-enabled device. Providers are available to offer medical and mental health support via phone or secure video visits.
Who can use TimelyCare?
Any Elon University student. We welcome and encourage all undergraduate, graduate and law students to register and access the full array of services.
What services are available?
There are six services available:
- Medical: 24/7, on-demand or scheduled access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies and more
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at anytime
- Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor (up to 12 visits per year)
- Health Coaching: access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management and more
- Psychiatry: services provided by referral. Please contact Counseling Services at (336) 278-7280. Due to a limited number of available psychiatric appointments through TimelyCare, a referral code is needed based on the following circumstances. To qualify for access to TimelyCare’s psychiatric services, an eligible student must indicate:
- financial need /hardship
- familial barrier that prohibits them from accessing recommended care,
- demonstrate urgent need for acute stabilization (e.g., current impairment of activities of daily functioning- sleep disturbance, hygiene, appetite disturbance, etc.
- Group Sessions: Weekly Guided Meditation and Yoga Group Sessions, plus specialized discussions throughout the year.
How much does a TimelyCare visit cost?
Zip, zero, zilch! TimelyCare services are free to all Elon University students.
Is there technical support for TimelyCare?
Yes! There is 24/7 phone, e-mail and chat support available on the TimelyCare website.
Off Campus Resources
Student Health Services does not operate clinical services during the summer. For non-emergency conditions that may arise when Student Health Services is closed (during the summer or academic year), please see the following resources below. Please note that students are responsible for any financial costs associated with utilizing these resources:
Cone Health Virtual Visit (virtual visits available 24/7)
For non-emergency medical conditions, connect with health care providers at Cone Health. Visit the Cone Health website to learn more about Virtual Visit options.
Cone Health-Alamance Emergency Department
1240 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington
24-Hour Emergency Care
For more information, visit the Cone Health-Alamance Regional website.
Cone Health Urgent Care at Burlington
3866 Rural Retreat Rd #104
Burlington, NC 27215
Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
CVS Minute Clinic
Kernodle Clinic West (Walk-In Clinic)
Kernodle Walk-In Clinic in Burlington NC is open seven days a week. No appointment necessary.
8:00am – 7:00pm, Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 1:00 pm Saturdays
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Sundays.
NextCare Urgent Care – Walk-in Clinic
1713 S. Church Street, Burlington
Monday – Friday: 8:0 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For the most up-to-date information on hours and services visit the NextCare Urgent Care website.
FastMed Urgent Care – Walk-in Clinic
104 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Holiday hours may differ. For the most up-to-date information on hours and services visit the FastMed of Burlington website.
Tuition billing from Nextcare Urgent Care is available only when R.N. Ellington Center for Health & Wellness is closed. Take your Phoenix card and insurance card with you. Students are responsible for all costs incurred. If you visit NextCare Urgent Care and do not have cash or other forms of payment with you, any costs not covered by your health insurance plan can be billed to your student account at a later date through the university’s billing system. Students using these facilities during R.N. Ellington’s operating hours will be responsible for all costs at the time of service.
Greensboro Law Students
Urgent Medical & Family Care
102 Pomona Drive
Walk-in Clinic & Appointments
Monday – Thursday: 8a.m – 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Please see the Urgent Medical & Family Care website for the most up-to-date information on hours and services.
You must take your Phoenix card and insurance card with you. Students are responsible for all costs incurred. However, students will be billed for all costs not covered by their insurance at a later date through the university’s billing system.
Emergency Dental Services
Transportation to Medical Appointments Off-Campus
Students requiring transportation to medical services off-campus may make arrangements for transportation by calling Campus Security at (336) 278-5555. A taxi will be dispatched to pick the student up at the Health Center or Campus Security.
Students are responsible for all costs incurred and will be billed at a later date for the cost of the service.