Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act
In compliance with Part 86 of the Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Regulations, this document contains links to university policies and resources concerning the use of alcohol and other substances. Students and employees receive materials annually that contain information on the five points listed below. University policies regarding student substance use and/or possession may be located in the Elon Student Handbook.
- Standards of conduct that clearly prohibit, at a minimum, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees;
- A description of the applicable legal sanctions under federal, state, or local law for the unlawful possession or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol;
- A description of the health risks associated with the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol;
- A description of substance programs (counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, and re-entry) that are available to employees and students;
- A clear statement of the disciplinary sanctions students and employees may face (consistent with Local, State, and Federal law) for violations of standards of conduct relating to drugs and alcohol.
This document may be updated periodically and changes will be posted to the electronic form. For more information, please contact the Dean of Students Office at (336) 278-7200. Printed copies are also available by request during normal business hours.
Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act – Elon University Report (Updated August 2019)
Elon University complies with the Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Regulations that requires Institutions of Higher Education to conduct a biennial review of their alcohol and other drug (AOD) programs and policies to determine program effectiveness, and ensure that disciplinary sanctions are consistently enforced. Pursuant to EDGAR Part 86, all institutions of higher education receiving federal funds or financial assistance must develop and implement a program to prevent the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees.