Therapeutic Massage Therapy
Great deal! Only $24.00 for 30 minutes.
- Tuesday – 6:20 pm-7:30 pm
- Wednesday – 6:00 pm-7:50 pm
Please enter through the Employee Health & Wellness Clinic door at the end of the RN Ellington Center for Health & Wellness building opposite Student Health. Take a seat and the massage therapist will come to get you.
Schedule and pay online. Register for a Therapeutic Massage.
An increasing number of research studies show massage reduces heart rate, lowers blood pressure, increases blood circulation and lymph flow, relaxes muscles, improves range of motion, and increases endorphins (enhancing medical treatment). Although therapeutic massage does not increase muscle strength, it can stimulate weak, inactive muscles and, thus, partially compensate for the lack of exercise and inactivity resulting from illness or injury. It also can hasten and lead to a more complete recovery from exercise or injury.
Massage Gift Certificates
“Give the gift of wellness!” $24.00 for 30 minutes. Call (336) 278-5569 to request a gift certificate.
Therapeutic Massage Therapists
Therapeutic Massage Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Therapeutic Massage?
Therapeutic massage incorporates a variety of advanced modalities that enhance the body’s natural restorative functioning. Light to firm touch is used to release tension, relax muscles, increase blood and lymph circulation, and impart a sense of calm. Therapeutic massage can be used as a collaborative, supportive addition to conventional medical treatment of illness and injury, alleviating pain and stress, aiding soft tissue healing, and revitalizing the body. Also, regular massage can enhance health, providing relaxation, release of muscle tightness, relief from anxiety and tensions, and balancing aspects of body/mind/spirit.
What about cleanliness?
The massage therapists clean and disinfect the table, face rest and hands between each massage. Each client also receives a new set of linens and face rest cover to ensure cleanliness.
What if I want more pressure?
Just Ask! Our massage therapists are trained to adapt each massage to the needs of each client. The therapist will check in with you during your massage so feel free to let them know your preference.
Physical Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance; Treats injuries caused during sport or work
- Improves immune health and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Rehabilitation post-operative
- Rehabilitation after injury