Leading the Law School with a Difference
Elon University School of Law, the preeminent school for engaged and experiential learning in law in downtown Greensboro, North Carolina, is seeking applications and nominations for a visionary leader to serve as its fourth dean.
With a focus on learning by doing, Elon Law integrates traditional classroom instruction with a required, full-time (30+ hours/week) field placement for every student, known as a Residency-in-Practice. The law school’s distinctive curriculum provides a logically sequenced program of professional preparation with an innovative curriculum completed in 2.5 years, which provides exceptional value by lowering tuition and permitting graduates early entry into their careers.
The executive search firm WittKieffer is assisting with the process. Learn more in a complete leadership profile about the opportunity.
The Search Committee
- John Barnhill ‘92, Associate Vice President for University Advancement
- Melissa Duncan ‘06 L’09, Assistant Dean for Career and Student Development, Elon University School of Law
- Tammi Etheridge, Assistant Professor of Law
- Steve Friedland, Senior Scholar and Professor of Law
- Ashley (Vanessa) Garcia L’22, Elon University School of Law Student
- Monica Glover, Events Coordinator, Elon University School of Law
- Andy Haile (Co-Chair), Professor of Law
- Chris Leupold, Professor of Psychology, Isabella Cannon Leadership Professor, and Faculty Fellow for Law and Leadership
- David Levine, Professor of Law
- Sue Liemer, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Law
- Tim Peeples, Senior Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Professor of English
- Patricia Perkins, Assistant Professor of Law
- Katherine Reynolds, Director of Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic at Elon University School of Law and Assistant Professor of Law
- Wendy Scott, Associate Dean for Academic Success and Professor of Law
- Raghu Tadepalli (Co-Chair), Dean of the Martha and Spencer Love School of Business
More Information & Procedure for Candidacy
Please direct all nominations and applications (letter of interest and full curriculum vitae) to Lucy Leske, Werner Boel, LL.M. and Ashlee Winters, through the WittKieffer Candidate Portal. Candidates can also find this portal via the WittKieffer website and select the “Become a Candidate” button. If you have trouble logging into the portal or have any inquiries about the opportunity, please contact ElonLawDean@wittkieffer.com. To ensure full consideration, please submit your application before January 14, 2022. Applications received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the Search Committee.