Elon Law meets the needs of students in our 2.5-year program by creating opportunities to connect in meaningful ways with practicing attorneys.
The Office of Career & Student Development hosts Practice Area Programs featuring lawyers who will meet with smaller groups of students who share common professional interests.
Elon Law believes these interactions with attorneys, in addition to those students pursue on their own through informational interviews and other career development efforts, will lead more naturally to mentoring relationships.
Elon Law also is in the process of building affinity groups that serve as a network of practicing attorneys who share identities and lived experiences with our students.
Attorney mentors at Elon Law have represented a broad cross-section of the legal community, including legal professionals from the following firms and institutions:
- Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard, LLP
- Carruthers & Roth, P.A.
- Duncan Law, LLP
- Federal Public Defender, Middle District of N.C.
- Gabriel, Berry & Weston, LLP
- Guilford County Public Defender
- Higgins Benjamin, PLLC
- Johnson Peddrick & McDonald PLLC
- Legal Aid of North Carolina Greensboro
- Law Firm Carolinas
- Rossabi Law Partners
- Schell Bray, PLLC
- Teague, Rotenstreich, Stanaland, Fox & Holt, PLLC
- Reynolds American Inc.
- Fox Rothschild, LLP (formerly Smith Moore Leatherwood)
- Tuggle Duggins Attorneys at Law
- Volvo, Inc.
- Ward Black Law
- Womble Bond Dickinson, LLP