University residence halls (not apartments) close during certain break periods:
- Thanksgiving Break
- Winter Break (the break between fall and winter semesters)
- Fake break (the break between winter and spring semesters)
- Spring Break
Students in residence halls who need to stay late or return early for any portion of the breaks, must complete a request. The break housing applications can be found in Self Service under Applications and Forms. Please note that all requests may not be approved and students in university apartments do not need to complete this request unless you are requesting to stay past May 31, when your lease ends. Once you submit your request, you will receive an answer within two business days to your Elon e-mail account.
|Break||Residence Halls Close||Residence Halls Reopen||Request Due|
|Thanksgiving||November 23 10 a.m.||December 1 10 a.m.||November 15|
|Winter||December 14 10 a.m.||January 2 10 a.m.||December 6|
|Fake||January 25 10 a.m.||February 1 9 a.m.||January 17|
|Spring||March 14 10 a.m.||March 22 10 a.m.||March 11|
|End of Year||May 20 10 a.m.||N/A||May 11|
- Most dining facilities will not be open during break periods. Please check the dining services website for hours of operation.
- You may be in a building without other students so be mindful of your surroundings and take steps to ensure your safety.
- You are still bound to obey all university policies and any actions violating these policies will be reviewed by the student conduct office.
- Guests (including other university students) are not permitted in the residence halls, under any circumstances, during break periods.
- The university also reserves the right to assess charges and assess break fees against students who enter residential areas without permission during break periods.
- Please be advised that during break periods, is the university’s time to do routine maintenance and therefore physical plant staff may be in and around the buildings while you are there.
- Student staff and residence life professional staff will not be available during this time so if you need assistance please call campus safety and police at 336-278-5555 OR if it is an emergency call 911 immediately for assistance.
If you have questions, please contact Residence Life at email@example.com, 336-278-7300 or in Jackson Hall 103 in the Global Neighborhood.