*Please note that due to COVID-19, modifications have been made to the health and safety process.
Elon University takes students’ safety and health very seriously and has established guidelines and protocols for students living in campus residence halls and apartments. It is the responsibility of all community members to support these standards to maintain a healthy and safe living learning environment. Goals of Health and Safety Inspections include:
- Encourage students to become engaged in maintaining the condition of their living environments
- Assist students in learning how to maintain a clean and safe environment in their residence
- Promote a better understanding of the expectations the university has for students living on campus
- Assist in the prevention of rodent and pest infestations, damage problems and other issues that impact health and safety
- Increase safety within our residential buildings by timely identification and removal of prohibited items
Residence Life performs Health and Safety Inspections four times in an academic year: September, Thanksgiving break, winter break and spring break. During the inspections, the staff member will conduct a non-invasive inspection of the room/apartment/suite. They do not open drawers, refrigerators (except in September), or closets, but may move (or ask the resident to move) items blocking outlets. All inspections are advertised and announced. Inspections will occur between the hours of 10am and 8pm on the announced dates.
The inspections will include, but is not limited to, a visual examination of electrical cords, sprinkler heads, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and windows. In addition, each room will be examined for the presence of prohibited items (e.g., candles, non-surge protected extension cords, halogen lamps, cooking appliances in non-kitchen areas, etc.) Students should do the following on a regular basis to keep their residence clean:
- Remove all trash and properly dispose of it in the trash room.
- Vacuum or sweep and mop all floors in your room.
- Check your smoke detector to see if it is properly attached and in operational condition.
- Check electrical outlets, cords, and connections to make sure they are not overloaded and that cords are not run under carpets or around bedding.
- Check to ensure that beds, other furnishings, and other items are not blocking emergency exits and heating and ventilation units.
- Note any maintenance problems in your room and report them to FIXIT.
- Do your laundry on a regular basis and properly store your clean clothes when finished.
- Clean up any spills and dispose of leftover food.
- In the bathroom, clean the toilet, including in and around the bowl, clean the shower/tub, clean the floor, wipe down countertops and clean the sink, and put away and/or organize personal items.
If you have questions, please contact your neighborhood office.