Please print out, complete and return all validation sheets to the Kernodle Center for Service Learning for Community Engagement in Moseley 230 as soon as possible after your volunteer experience. Validation sheets must be turned in to have your hours posted on your Elon Experiences Transcript.
- Download the Validation of Service Hours for Independent Service Projects form. (this form is to be used by students volunteering as an individual)
- Download the Validation of Service Hours for Academic Service Learning form. (this form is to be used in conjunction with an academic service-learning course)
- Download the Validation of Service Hours for Group Service Projects form. (this form is to be used by students volunteering in a group, such as athletics, Greeks, etc.)
- What Counts as Service? (this document provides guidelines for types of service that can be validated through the Kernodle Center)
Guidelines for service-hour validation
- Validating service hours falls under Elon’s Honor Code. Only record hours for legitimate service activities. See the ‘What Counts as Service’ document for guidance.
- Please submit any restitution hours to the Office of Student Conduct using their pre-approved form. Restitution hours do not count as validated service and will not appear on your Elon Experiences Transcript.
- Please round to the nearest quarter-hour (e.g.: 1.25 hours, 4.75 hours).
- Please remember to include your email address.
- Your service will show up on your Elon Experiences Transcript by the beginning of the following semester.