College Coffee is one of Elon’s oldest and most appreciated traditions. This weekly campus wide tradition, hosted every Tuesday from 9:40 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. on Phi Beta Kappa Commons, brings Elon faculty, staff, and students together to build community and develop friendships. With the university’s temporary transition to online teaching and learning in response to COVID-19, we are going to do some community building more creatively while practicing our social distance.
For now, we are temporarily suspending all table reservations until the university moves us back to face to face in-class teaching. Until that point, here are some ideas to add to your own to celebrate our close-knit community at Elon.
- Coffee Chat: Schedule a coffee chat with a student, faculty or staff member that you’ve wanted to get to know or haven’t seen in awhile
- Sip –n – Scribe: Grab a coffee or tea and write a letter to someone based on the weekly prompt in the college coffee email
- Mindfulness: Every week there will be a different activity to encourage everyone to take time for self reflection and gratitude
- Invite a group to join you on a WebEx coffee connect so you can socialize together and catch-up!
- Take a photo or post your college coffee experience using #ElonStayingConnected as a way for us all to see how Elon is still building community while away from campus.
Even though Elon is practicing social distancing, we never are distant with each other so stay connected. We’ve got this, Elon!