Design Forge is Elon’s annual convening of design thinking educators, practitioners and thought leaders. Each year, Design Forge addresses a topic of interest to higher education, strengthens collaboration in the design thinking community and searches for new opportunities for design thinking to enhance student learning.
March 13-15, 2024
Design for Well-being
Like in prior years, we will spend time together exploring the how-might-we question in an environment that is part design and part convening, launching new relationships and generating questions, resources, ideas, and frameworks that advance the value and impact of design thinking practices.
JOIN US – March 13-15, 2024
Forge 2024 is a hybrid convening, with limited in-person attendance and opportunities to engage virtually! The convening begins Wednesday, March 13 at 5 pm with an opening community session and closes Friday, March 15 at 3pm with a visioning keynote.
- Design Forge 2023 | How might we design with and across intergenerational communities? View the recordings here
- Design Forge 2022 | Assessing DT practices — How might we better understand, design for, & demonstrate the impact of design thinking pedagogies?
- Design Forge 2021 | Participatory placemaking practices — How might DT support participatory placemaking practices?
- Design Forge 2020 | Student well-being and wellness — How might university design thinking efforts enhance student well-being and wellness?
- Design Forge 2019 | Learn and teach service design — How might we create better ways for people to learn and teach design thinking and service design?
- Design Forge 2018 | DT project-based learning — How might we create ways to use design thinking projects as project-based learning? Feel free to learn more by reading the 2018 Design Forge 2018 Summary