Phi Kappa Phi exists because those who founded them believed, as we believe still, that there are achievements worthy of celebration: academic work of extraordinary quality, exemplary leadership, and research that advances human knowledge.
Our invitation recognizes distinguished performance in study, research, or leadership, sustained over a period of years. So our invitations are typically extended late in the undergraduate career or even after graduation, marking the transition from accomplished work of high merit to further exceptional attainment.
Our society does not aim to supply a mere credential: belonging to our society means more than simply a certification of your grade point average or your resume. In the wider world, membership in one of our organizations is understood as an honor that is neither cheaply won nor widely bestowed. And we offer opportunities to continue to learn and grow in the company of other members of our societies across the country and across generations.
- Phi Kappa Phi honors the best academic students in all fields of study. Admission is earned, invitation-only, and requires nomination approval by a chapter. Requirements include:
- Juniors must have completed at least 72 credit hours, with at least 24 semester hours at their current institution, and rank in the top 7.5 percent of their class.
- Seniors must have completed at least 90 credit hours, with at least 24 semester hours at their current institution, and rank in the top 10 percent of their class.
- Graduate students must have completed at least 18 graduate hours or the equivalent at their institution and rank in the top 10 percent of their class.
- Faculty, professional staff and alumni who achieve scholarly distinction may also be eligible.
Benefits of Membership
Phi Kappa Phi offers numerous benefits and resources to assist members throughout their academic and professional lives. From grants and awards totaling over $1 million each biennium, to exclusive discounts from over 25 corporate partners, we provide a wide range of exclusive benefits and resources to our members.
Here are some links from National Website of benefits: