Price Match Program at the Barnes & Noble at Elon University
Beginning fall 2016, Barnes & Noble at Elon University will introduce a Price Match Program to help keep the price of academic textbooks down
Why does Barnes & Noble College have a Price Match Program?
Like you, Barnes & Noble College is completely dedicated to supporting your students’ academic success. The most impactful way we can help ensure this success is by offering students the industry’s largest access to affordable course materials and by working closely with students to educate them on their options. Our Price Match program is a great way to guarantee students feel confident purchasing the course materials they need for academic success as early as possible in the semester by eliminating any cost difference between the local campus bookstore and off-campus and online competitors.
What is the Barnes & Noble College Price Match Program?
Our Price Match Program provides for price matching on textbooks advertised or offered from a local brick and mortar bookstore or the following online retailers (Amazon, Chegg and BN.com), but excludes third party resellers and/or marketplace sellers ( i.e. Other Sellers on Amazon or peer-to-peer pricing).
How does the Program work?
If a customer finds a lower price on textbooks within seven days of purchasing, your local campus bookstore will refund the customer the price difference. Please note our Price Match Program includes purchase and rental pricing, provided the rental term period (number of days available) is comparable, as well as workbooks and CDs.
What conditions apply in order to receive the price difference?
The price difference will be honored when:
- The customer must show the original receipt which shows the price paid and that the textbook was rented or purchased within 7 days.
- The textbook must be in stock and available for immediate shipment at the competitor location
- The price advertised must be for the exact book/edition offered at the campus bookstore.
- Price matching applies to same condition items, used book to used book, new book to new book, used rental to used rental and new rental to new rental. If the format or condition of the competitor's textbook cannot be determined, we will match our Rental Used price.
- Digital titles and special orders are excluded.
- Additional membership discounts and offers do not apply to the price match refund.
Contributed by Chris Fulkerson, Administrative Services staff