The university's six schools serve a selective student body of about 7,000. Elon is one of only seven private universities in the country with accredited schools of business, communications, education, law and health sciences, plus a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's oldest and most prestigious academic honor society.
Departments & Programs
Elon's extensive academic programs include more than 70 undergraduate majors, nine graduate programs and a wide array of interdisciplinary programs and enriching intellectual and research opportunities.
- Academic advising
- Academic calendars
- Academic catalog
- Belk Library
- Disabilities resources
- Faculty scholars
- Honor Societies
- Koenigsberger Learning Center
- Learning assistance
- Learning On Demand
- Lumen Prize
- National & international fellowships
- OnTrack academic records
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Student Professional Development Center
- Writing Center
Engaged Learning Programs
An Elon education will challenge students' perspectives and help them become advocates for global change. Immersive experiences are woven into the curriculum as students connect their education to the real world.
Elon has numerous academic centers that advance the work of faculty and students in a variety of disciplines. Through the work of these centers, Elon students gain opportunities to challenge themselves in international study, undergraduate research, scholarly publication and collegiate competitions.
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching & Learning
- Center for Environmental Studies
- Center for Leadership
- Center for Research on Global Engagement
- Center for the Study of Religion, Culture & Society
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Chandler Family Professional Sales Center
- Doherty Center for Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Isabella Cannon Global Education Center
- Center for Organizational Analytics
- Program for Ethnographic Research & Community Studies
External partnerships & special initiatives
Elon is connected to the wider world through a number of centers and special programs that have developed a reputation for excellence. These include special programs that connect the university to the local community as well as initiatives that provide outreach to the region, the nation and to scholars around the world.