Academic advising is a form of engaged learning by which students learn about their roles in the Elon University community, critically reflect upon their roles and responsibilities as a student, and prepare to become global citizens.
At Elon, academic advising is a process that focuses on three fundamental areas:
- Accurate academic information
- Relationships across the Elon University community
- Time-bound in the form of when benchmarks, including graduation, should be accomplished
The Mission of the Office of Academic Advising at Elon University is to serve the Elon community by partnering with students to offer holistic,student-centered academic advising which focuses on: self-advocacy, degree attainment, and life as a global citizen.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Focusing on individual student needs and interests to promote equitable success for all students.
- Fostering meaningful connections between students and professional staff.
- Supporting the transition of incoming students through the ELN 1010: First Year Advising Seminar program.
- Engaging with faculty and staff as collaborative campus partners.
- Facilitating the understanding of university policies, procedures, and the exploration of resources.
- Implementing dynamic, ongoing assessment and training towards the development of best practices.
Questions? Chat with us!
During hours of operation (Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm) we offer a live chat feature to answer your questions.
Chat not available? Contact our office via email at email@example.com or and a representative from the office will reply within the next business day. Or please call us at 336-278-6500.