Mission and Goals
Koenigsberger Learning Center mission statement
To aid the mission of Elon university, the Koenigsberger Learning Center seeks to create a purposeful, learner-centered environment that supports students’ academic development.
At Elon University, the Koenigsberger Learning Center encompasses three main areas: academic advising for undecided students, disabilities resources, and learning assistance. To support the institutional goal of excellence in teaching and learning that is focused on student success, we will . . .
- Provide accurate information regarding educational opportunities, requirements, policies and procedures to students and advisors.
- Support undecided students as they assume responsibility to explore, identify and develop their educational goals.
- Identify and coordinate accommodations for qualified students with disabilities to ensure their access to the university curriculum.
- Support and educate faculty and staff regarding (a) the legal and ethical issues of accommodating students with disabilities and (b) the implementation of reasonable curricular accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Provide qualified and effective peer tutors to supplement classroom instruction and support students’ efforts to excel.
- Provide learning assistance programming to address both cognitive and non-cognitive components of learning, i.e. workshops on growth mindset as well as study strategies.